London – FremantleMedia International announced a prestigious Séries Mania award win for its inspired Cold War drama, Deutschland 83. The UFA Fiction produced series beat off stiff competition to win the Best World Drama award at the sixth edition of the annual Séries Mania festival.
Jens Richter, CEO of FremantleMedia International said, “We’re all incredibly proud of Deutschland 83’s achievements so far and hope that there will be many more wins in the future. To have pre-sold the series into a number of key territories, and now to have won a respected Series Mania award, simply further strengthens the confidence that we have in the title. We hope to get Deutschland 83 to a screen near you very soon.”
Deutschland 83 is set to premiere on SundanceTV in the U.S. on 17 June and will become the first German-language drama to have ever aired on a major U.S. network. Further to the U.S. deal, the series has pre-sold to multiple networks across Europe including Canal+ (France), SVT (Sweden), NRK (Norway), DR (Denmark), YLE (Finland) and RUV (Iceland).
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 69 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020