London – FremantleMedia International announced a prestigious Séries Mania award win for its inspired Cold War drama, Deutschland 83. The UFA Fiction produced series beat off stiff competition to win the Best World Drama award at the sixth edition of the annual Séries Mania festival.
Jens Richter, CEO of FremantleMedia International said, “We’re all incredibly proud of Deutschland 83’s achievements so far and hope that there will be many more wins in the future. To have pre-sold the series into a number of key territories, and now to have won a respected Series Mania award, simply further strengthens the confidence that we have in the title. We hope to get Deutschland 83 to a screen near you very soon.”
Deutschland 83 is set to premiere on SundanceTV in the U.S. on 17 June and will become the first German-language drama to have ever aired on a major U.S. network. Further to the U.S. deal, the series has pre-sold to multiple networks across Europe including Canal+ (France), SVT (Sweden), NRK (Norway), DR (Denmark), YLE (Finland) and RUV (Iceland).
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020