AMC Global acquires “The Walking Dead” companion series
New York – Coinciding with an AMC U.S. pickup of two seasons of The Walking Dead companion series (title TBD), AMC Global announced it has acquired international television rights to the series, and plans to air each episode within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere. AMC Global, the international AMC-branded television network, launched in late 2014 and is available in over 115 countries and territories.
The Walking Dead Companion Unit
Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert from The Walking Dead are executive producers of the new series, which, like the original, is being produced by AMC Studios. Dave Erickson (Marco Polo, Sons of Anarchy), who co-created and co-wrote the pilot with Kirkman, is an executive producer and showrunner. The series will star Cliff Curtis (Missing, Gang Related), Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, Sons of Anarchy), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm).
The new series will be set in Los Angeles and focused on new characters and storylines. The show’s first season will consist of six, one-hour episodes and premiere on AMC in late summer. The show’s second season will air in 2016.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,061 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020