The love between a factory worker and a millionaire, cinematic scenes in the Himalayas, and historical sets and costumes; these are the mix of elements that made Precious Pearl the winner of the 2014 International Emmy Awards in the telenovela category, and which is now being presented by Globo to the international market at the next edition of NATPE.
In Brazil, the telenovela had average ratings of 21 points and 46% share, reaching over 26 million viewers per day (Source: Ibope). The telenovela’s official hashtag, #joiarara, was mentioned 80,000 times, which corresponds to 58% of the total volume of simultaneous online comments. Aired in Portugal, in the Globo basic channel, the plot is daily ranked among the 5 most watched paid TV shows in the country (Source: GFK – 15 September to 5 November, 2014).
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020