Newly launched global content creator, producer and distributor, Endemol Shine Group, which brings together Endemol, Shine and CORE Media, announced further senior appointments as part of the company’s new structure.
Former Endemol UK CEO, Lucas Church, has been appointed Chairman of Endemol Shine UK, whilst former Endemol UK Chief Operating Officer, Richard Johnston, becomes CEO of Endemol Shine UK.
Working with Church, Johnston will oversee and support Endemol Shine UK’s companies and labels that fall under the newly combined UK operation, which include Artists Studio, Brown Eyed Boy, DSP, Dragonfly, Fifty Fathoms, House of Tomorrow, Initial, Kudos, Lovely Day, Princess Productions, Remarkable Television, Shine North, Shine Soho, Shine TV, Tiger Aspect, Tigress and Zeppotron.
Together these are behind a diverse range of hits including Big Brother, Black Mirror, Broadchurch, Deal or No Deal, Grantchester, Masterchef, Mr. Bean, One Born Every Minute, Peaky Blinders, Pointless, Sunday Brunch, The Fall, The Island, The Million Pound Drop, Vicious, 8 out of 10 Cats and many more.
In addition, Church takes on the role of Chairman, Group Commercial Board at Endemol Shine Group with a brief to globally coordinate and initiate commercial business in areas including digital video, gaming, apps and brand relations, ensuring that new ideas and initiatives are shared across the group.
It was also announced that Shine Group Chief Operating Officer Tim Robinson will step down in the Spring. In the meantime Robinson will continue to work closely with the new group management team, transitioning his particular areas of responsibilities within Endemol Shine Group.
“Lucas and Richard have both played a central role in driving the expansion of Endemol’s traditional television business as well as innovating into new areas like online digital video,” said Tim Hincks, who as President of Endemol Shine Group, will continue to have oversight of the UK. “They are ideally suited to help grow the new group’s wide ranging UK operations and international commercial initiatives.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 263 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 77 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021