BBC Advertising, part of BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), is boosting its ad sales team in Asia to make the most of growth opportunities in the region.
In response to a strong growth forecast in advertising revenue in Asia-Pacific and combined with a global ad sales strategy to get closer to customers and identify Katy Xu will take on the role of Vice President, Greater China & North Asia new cross-platform opportunities, two new roles have been created within the Asia leadership team. The decision reflects the desire to build on existing success of BBC Advertising in Asia and a commitment to investment in this growth region, with a focus on key priority markets of China, Korea, Japan, India and fast-track SE Asia.
John Williams has been appointed Vice President, ASEAN & India, and will be based in Singapore. Katy Xu will take on the role of Vice President, Greater China & North Asia, located in Hong Kong. Both started their new roles on September 1 and will report directly into Sunita Rajan, EVP Advertising Sales, Asia, BBC Worldwide.
John has relocated to Asia from New York, where he was previously VP, International Advertising for BBC Worldwide North America. Katy, currently Regional Director, Hong Kong & Greater China, takes on an expanded role with responsibility for more markets.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 84 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 73 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 49 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020