BBC Advertising, part of BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), is boosting its ad sales team in Asia to make the most of growth opportunities in the region.
In response to a strong growth forecast in advertising revenue in Asia-Pacific and combined with a global ad sales strategy to get closer to customers and identify Katy Xu will take on the role of Vice President, Greater China & North Asia new cross-platform opportunities, two new roles have been created within the Asia leadership team. The decision reflects the desire to build on existing success of BBC Advertising in Asia and a commitment to investment in this growth region, with a focus on key priority markets of China, Korea, Japan, India and fast-track SE Asia.
John Williams has been appointed Vice President, ASEAN & India, and will be based in Singapore. Katy Xu will take on the role of Vice President, Greater China & North Asia, located in Hong Kong. Both started their new roles on September 1 and will report directly into Sunita Rajan, EVP Advertising Sales, Asia, BBC Worldwide.
John has relocated to Asia from New York, where he was previously VP, International Advertising for BBC Worldwide North America. Katy, currently Regional Director, Hong Kong & Greater China, takes on an expanded role with responsibility for more markets.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020