Hilversum – First on air in The Netherlands in 2012, The Voice Kids has already realised an impressive list of close to 25 local productions. A successful stand-alone primetime format in its own right, the format is proving to be as successful, if not more so, than phenomenal worldwide hit The Voice.
The feel-good, family-oriented show has gone from strength to strength in the ratings worldwide. In the U.S., La Voz Kids ranks No.1 in Spanish language TV on Sunday evenings, and on Telecinco in Spain, the programme has attracted the most viewers for an entertainment show since 2005. In the Philippines, the show has outscored the already amazing Voice ratings with market shares of more than 60% on ABS-CBN. The show recently debuted on Nine in Australia with 1.652 million viewers across Australia’s five metro areas and even increased during the episode on June 29, which peaked at 2.079 million viewers.
The Voice Kids is also proving to be a clear-cut sponsorship success. In Australia, the ratings smash has media buyers and sponsors cheering. It’s proving to be such a hit that sponsors have had to rush to get extra stock on the store shelves. Says one media buyer: “The show is delivering ahead of expectations, and we expect it to grow further, as shows like this tend to build as resonance with the kids involved grows.”
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 70 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 68 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 53 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 37 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020