Singapore – The Media Development Authority (MDA) has appointed M1 Limited (M1) to manage the roll-out of its Digital TV Assistance Scheme for low-income households, following the conclusion of an open tender which was conducted from March 20 to April 22. M1 was awarded the tender after a thorough evaluation of all tender submissions, based on the criteria set out, which include price competitiveness, quality of proposals submitted and the profiles of the project teams.
Unveiled by the Minister for Communications and Information Dr Yaacob Ibrahim in February, the scheme will help lower income families make the transition to digital television. Eligible households will receive a DVB-T21 set-top box, an indoor antenna and complimentary installation service. As the appointed contractor, M1 will progressively supply and install digital TV equipment for all eligible households and resolve any technical issues pertaining to the equipment and installation over the next two to three years. Eligible households also have the option of self-collection.
Those living in one and two-room HDB rental flats, as well as households which are currently receiving Comcare, SINDA, Mendaki and CDAC assistance will be automatically included under MDA’s Digital TV Assistance Scheme. There is no need for these groups to apply for assistance as MDA will be working closely with relevant organisations to reach out to them and they will be notified via letters.
All other households that meet the qualifying criteria may also apply for the Scheme. The DTV Assistance Scheme will be extended to households that meet the following criteria:
a. No Pay-TV subscription or integrated digital television;
b. At least one Singaporean household member; and
i. [for economically active households] Monthly household income of S$1,900 and below or Per Capita Income of S$600 and below;
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 89 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 82 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 78 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020