Actia Sodielec and Inmarsat sign MOA Ka-band satellite terminals for use by French military
Inmarsat and Actia Sodielec have signed a Memorandum of Arrangement (MOA) to facilitate the type approval of tactical Ka-band satellite terminal systems for use by the French military on Inmarsat’s ground breaking, high-capacity Global Xpress (GX) service.
Actia Sodielec is Airbus’s contracted satellite terminal provider under the COMCEPT programme, delivering Ka-band communications capability to the French Military for use on the Athena Fidus satellite. The signing of the MOA with Inmarsat facilitates type approval to operate Actia Sodielec terminals on Inmarsat’s GX commercial Ka-band service, which will significantly increase the French military’s operational capability and mobility. By combining the existing Athena Fidius satellite service with that of the Inmarsat GX network, deployed French military users around the world will benefit from the provision of significantly increased geographical coverage.
“We are delighted to be announcing this new collaboration with Actia Sodielec,” said Andy Start, President, Inmarsat Global Government. “We believe that the ability of Global Xpress to complement existing military satellite services is key to increasing the capability of deployed personnel.”
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020