Hong Kong – Cartoon Network continues its reign as Asia Pacific’s number one international kids’ channel as it celebrates its 20th year in the region. According to 2013 full-year figures, Cartoon Network reaches more kids across the Asia-Pacific region than any other international channel, and is the highest rating international kids’ channel in seven markets: India, Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand. With household distribution in Asia Pacific now breaking the 75 million mark for the first time, the network’s distribution stretches across 27 territories and broadcasts in 12 languages.
Mark Eyers, Chief Content Officer, Kids Networks, Turner International Asia Pacific, commented these regional milestones by saying: “Ratings for international kids’ channels are growing at almost 10 percent in this region, so we’re very pleased that Cartoon Network is leading the way. We already know that kids in Asia Pacific love our compelling brand of comedy and adventure. But to have the numbers to back this, really validates our content strategy in delivering the best animated comedy experience from talent around the world.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 48 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020