Beijing – Chinese online communications, social and entertainment services company Tencent visited the BBC in London on February 18, along with its business partners. The meeting was to celebrate the success of British drama on the Tencent Video platform, and explore future cooperation around the forthcoming World Cup in Brazil. Tencent Video has grown to be one of the top online video platforms in China. Tencent is also dedicated to bringing audiences the best 2014 FIFA World Cup experience by integrating both PC and mobile devices.
At the British Drama Channel launch event in June 2013, Tencent Video announced an agreement with six UK-based production houses including BBC Worldwide. Based on its resources and capabilities as a powerful online media company in China, Tencent Video launched integrated promotions of a wide range of British drama programmes. Since the launch, these integrated online and social campaigns have led to more than 200 million impressions in total.
According to a survey conducted by Chinese internet research firm Eguan, 27.7 percent of Chinese Internet users have watched British dramas via Tencent Video. Of the top ten most popular British series within that audience, seven are hosted on Tencent Video.
In addition to the success of British drama, Tencent will integrate services across mobile devices and PCs to provide important information about the World Cup, to bring Chinese netizens the best World Cup experience. Platforms for this will include WeChat, mobile QQ, Tencent News app, Tencent Video app and Match Watch app as well as the qq.com portal.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020