Beijing – Chinese online communications, social and entertainment services company Tencent visited the BBC in London on February 18, along with its business partners. The meeting was to celebrate the success of British drama on the Tencent Video platform, and explore future cooperation around the forthcoming World Cup in Brazil. Tencent Video has grown to be one of the top online video platforms in China. Tencent is also dedicated to bringing audiences the best 2014 FIFA World Cup experience by integrating both PC and mobile devices.
At the British Drama Channel launch event in June 2013, Tencent Video announced an agreement with six UK-based production houses including BBC Worldwide. Based on its resources and capabilities as a powerful online media company in China, Tencent Video launched integrated promotions of a wide range of British drama programmes. Since the launch, these integrated online and social campaigns have led to more than 200 million impressions in total.
According to a survey conducted by Chinese internet research firm Eguan, 27.7 percent of Chinese Internet users have watched British dramas via Tencent Video. Of the top ten most popular British series within that audience, seven are hosted on Tencent Video.
In addition to the success of British drama, Tencent will integrate services across mobile devices and PCs to provide important information about the World Cup, to bring Chinese netizens the best World Cup experience. Platforms for this will include WeChat, mobile QQ, Tencent News app, Tencent Video app and Match Watch app as well as the qq.com portal.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 87 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020