SkyLife partners with Alticast for Cloud-based service
Broomfield, Colorado – Alticast announced on February 26 that its Alticast Media Cloud Platform has enabled Korean Telecom (KT) SkyLife (SkyLife), a South Korean satellite television broadcaster, to launch its “SkyLife on Demand” (SOD) service, the world’s first large-scale deployment of a Cloud-based personal video recorder (PVR) service.
SkyLife’s olleh TV SkyLife service — which combines direct-to-home (DTH) television programming with KT’s video on demand (VOD) services — was launched in August 2009 and today offers multiscreen TV Everywhere services for channels, HD programming and VOD titles. Now SkyLife is enhancing their TV service with its SOD service, enabling each subscriber to record many channels simultaneously using Cloud storage.
“Our new Cloud-based SOD service is the most recent example of our commitment to providing subscribers the very latest broadband video and data services delivered with the outstanding quality and reliability they have come to expect from our services,” said Ji-Woong Kim, leader of SkyLife’s new business development team. “To deploy this new service, we turned to our trusted partner Alticast, which supported our initial launch of interactive TV and is following it up with the software solutions and expertise we need for this important new project.”
“SkyLife continues to make advances in TV Everywhere technology with its state-of-the-art Cloud-based PVR service,” said Thomas Jung, Alticast’s Chief Marketing Officer. “In addition to SkyLife, major cable operators, telecom carriers, satellite providers and other service providers worldwide are in various stages of exploring Cloud-based PVR services to leverage the inherent advantages of virtual storage. The success of SkyLife’s SOD service validates both the concept of Cloud-based PVRs and the capabilities of our Alticast Media Cloud Platform.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020