SkyLife partners with Alticast for Cloud-based service
Broomfield, Colorado – Alticast announced on February 26 that its Alticast Media Cloud Platform has enabled Korean Telecom (KT) SkyLife (SkyLife), a South Korean satellite television broadcaster, to launch its “SkyLife on Demand” (SOD) service, the world’s first large-scale deployment of a Cloud-based personal video recorder (PVR) service.
SkyLife’s olleh TV SkyLife service — which combines direct-to-home (DTH) television programming with KT’s video on demand (VOD) services — was launched in August 2009 and today offers multiscreen TV Everywhere services for channels, HD programming and VOD titles. Now SkyLife is enhancing their TV service with its SOD service, enabling each subscriber to record many channels simultaneously using Cloud storage.
“Our new Cloud-based SOD service is the most recent example of our commitment to providing subscribers the very latest broadband video and data services delivered with the outstanding quality and reliability they have come to expect from our services,” said Ji-Woong Kim, leader of SkyLife’s new business development team. “To deploy this new service, we turned to our trusted partner Alticast, which supported our initial launch of interactive TV and is following it up with the software solutions and expertise we need for this important new project.”
“SkyLife continues to make advances in TV Everywhere technology with its state-of-the-art Cloud-based PVR service,” said Thomas Jung, Alticast’s Chief Marketing Officer. “In addition to SkyLife, major cable operators, telecom carriers, satellite providers and other service providers worldwide are in various stages of exploring Cloud-based PVR services to leverage the inherent advantages of virtual storage. The success of SkyLife’s SOD service validates both the concept of Cloud-based PVRs and the capabilities of our Alticast Media Cloud Platform.”
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020