Tel Aviv – CCTV, China’s main public broadcaster, has licensed a trio of formats from Armoza, in partnership with Beijing Century Media, including factual format House Call and game show Extreme Wedding Album while also re-commissioning a third season of the popular game show Upgrade.
The first season of Upgrade aired on CCTV-2 from September 2013 to great ratings, and was directly followed by a second season commission, which aired over the Chinese New Year holidays. The popular daily show is now already under preparation for a third season on CCTV, produced by Beijing Century Media. Both House Call and Extreme Wedding Album are currently in planning with air dates set for later in 2014.
Upgrade (30’), developed by Armoza Formats and Tanin Productions and now on air in over 10 territories, is the game show that goes into people’s homes and offers them a chance to upgrade their personal items for brand new ones. Each home can wager their belongings against their trivia skills. If they answer correctly, their homes will be upgraded, but if they answer incorrectly, the items they own will be taken away.
House Call (60’), developed by United Studios of Israel, is a powerful and dramatic factual format that changes a family’s life in order to save it, by bringing a team of doctors to visit one family each episode and make them take a close look at how their lifestyle is affecting their health.
Extreme Wedding Album (45’), developed by Reality Productions and Channel 10, gives one bride and groom the chance to exchange the traditional photo shoot for an extreme and emotional game show, which will bring them closer to winning an all-expenses paid wedding – just a few hours later – by creating an action-filled photo album based on the extreme challenges they must perform. The Ukrainian adaptation aired last year on Inter TV and was the absolute leader in its time slot.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020