Channel NewsAsia launches premier documentary series on Singapore’s history
Singapore – Channel NewsAsia launches its most significant Singapore history documentary project in recent times, Days of Rage. Shot in High Definition and produced in five countries over the course of a year, the series features previously unseen footage, photos and interviews. With personal accounts from survivors and key people involved in the period, the series goes beyond history books and comes alive with the help of state of the art animation, motion graphics and re-enactments.
The subject matter revolves around five key incidents and periods in the 50s, 60s and early 70s in Singapore’s history, marked by instability and riots. The series will be shown on Channel NewsAsia from January 19, 2014 and will be available as video-on-demand from the website www.channelnewsasia.com/daysofrage a day after the television broadcast of each episode.
Tan Lek Hwa, Vice President of Current Affairs says, “This is one of the most intense documentary projects that we have undertaken to date. Exhaustive research has gone into the production to ensure that it is historically authentic, scenes were shot on the streets, and the use of the latest techniques in editing would make the documentaries a compelling watch. The challenge was for us to tell these stories about Singapore’s history to a new generation and audience. We hope the series excites viewers as much as it has thrilled us in producing the programmes.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 45 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020