Channel NewsAsia launches premier documentary series on Singapore’s history
Singapore – Channel NewsAsia launches its most significant Singapore history documentary project in recent times, Days of Rage. Shot in High Definition and produced in five countries over the course of a year, the series features previously unseen footage, photos and interviews. With personal accounts from survivors and key people involved in the period, the series goes beyond history books and comes alive with the help of state of the art animation, motion graphics and re-enactments.
The subject matter revolves around five key incidents and periods in the 50s, 60s and early 70s in Singapore’s history, marked by instability and riots. The series will be shown on Channel NewsAsia from January 19, 2014 and will be available as video-on-demand from the website www.channelnewsasia.com/daysofrage a day after the television broadcast of each episode.
Tan Lek Hwa, Vice President of Current Affairs says, “This is one of the most intense documentary projects that we have undertaken to date. Exhaustive research has gone into the production to ensure that it is historically authentic, scenes were shot on the streets, and the use of the latest techniques in editing would make the documentaries a compelling watch. The challenge was for us to tell these stories about Singapore’s history to a new generation and audience. We hope the series excites viewers as much as it has thrilled us in producing the programmes.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020