ABS-CBN claims top ratings spot for Philippines in 2013
ABS-CBN announces it is the most watched network in the country in 2013 after it ruled national TV ratings across urban and rural homes with an average national audience share of 42%, or 9 points higher than GMA’s 33%, based on year round data from Kantar Media.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has only 1,980 homes based solely in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.
From January to December 2013, ABS-CBN beat all other networks across all time blocks and swept all 15 slots in the list of top 15 most watched programmes last year.
The Kapamilya network remained undefeated in primetime (6PM-12MN) with an average audience share of 47%, or a whopping 16-point lead over GMA’s 31%. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively.
ABS-CBN also led the morning (6AM-12MN) block with an average audience share of 37% vs GMA’s 33% while the network hit 40% audience share in the early afternoon block (12NN-3PM) vs GMA’s 36%. The late afternoon (3PM-6PM) block scored no exception as the Kapamilya Network ruled with 38% as compared to GMA’s 33%.
When it comes to the country’s top 15 most watched programmes, ABS-CBN led with its original Pinoy superhero Juan dela Cruz with an average national TV rating of 34.7%. It was followed by Ina Kapatid Anak (33.4%), Princess and I (31.1%), Maalaala Mo Kaya (30.7%), Wansapanataym (29.7%), and Honesto(28.3%).
“TV Patrol” remained as the viewers’ top choice for newscasts with an average national TV rating of 27.7%, or a ten point lead against GMA’s “24 Oras” (17.1%).
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020