Screen Australia has announced that it will launch a landmark programme to support the development of internationally driven high-end television drama before the end of the year. The first of its kind to be launched by Screen Australia, the programme aims to assist Australian producers to develop inventive, high-end ideas from concept to series bible and first draft pilot script.
The High-end Television Development Program has been set up in recognition of the unprecedented audience and market growth for high-end television, and the ambitious, authorial and emotionally engaging storytelling that has connected with high-end global audiences, who flocked to shows such as Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Top of the Lake, House of Cards and The Bridge.
Projects will be selected following a creative assessment but must be supported by a formal letter of interest from a major international broadcaster or major internet streaming company. Involvement of an Australian broadcaster is not a requirement for this programme.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 44 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020