Two Ipsos surveys – Pan-Asia Pacific Cross-Media (PAX) and Business Elite Asia (BE:Asia), have both confirmed CNN’s regional reach and leadership in news and business on TV, web and mobile platforms, said CNN.
According to CNN, the latest PAX results for the period Q3 2012 to Q2 2013 show that as a TV brand, CNN’s daily audience is 59% greater than BBC World News and 2.6 times the size of CNBC’s audience. Also, in the digital sphere, more of the PAX population visit CNN via web or mobile than any other media brand, according to the network.
The results also show that CNN is far more effective than any other news/ business channel in connecting international business travelers (42% monthly reach vs. 29% for next placed channel), added CNN.
Tony Maddox, Executive Vice President of CNN International, said: “It’s most gratifying to see that our increased editorial output from Asia Pacific continues to resonate with viewers. They want intelligent, in-depth coverage and analysis, both from their region and globally. Programming such as CNN Newsroom Live from Hong Kong, On China and Talk Asia delivers this in clear and compelling ways.”
Duncan Morris, Vice President of Research at Turner International Asia Pacific, said: “Coming out on top in one of these independent media surveys would be a great achievement, but to be so consistently strong in all metrics and on all platforms on both studies is clearly very pleasing. CNN has yet again demonstrated that when it comes to targeting hard-to-reach elite groups, as well as broader affluent populations, the brand is the obvious news and business leader.”
The most recent BE:Asia research highlights that whether via TV, web or mobile, the majority of Asia’s business elite (71%) consume CNN every month. A remarkable 6-in-10 (58%) are weekly CNN brand users, while over a third (35%) are daily CNN consumers. Also, CNN TV reaches 61% more Asian elites each day than its closest TV news rival, and CNN Digital has 45% greater monthly reach than the next largest media brand.
Mobile is a key platform for Asia’s Business Elites, as reflected in their high smartphone and tablet ownership levels (82% and 55% respectively), and by the fact that CNN alone is able to reach almost a third (30%) of them via mobile devices.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020