Two Ipsos surveys – Pan-Asia Pacific Cross-Media (PAX) and Business Elite Asia (BE:Asia), have both confirmed CNN’s regional reach and leadership in news and business on TV, web and mobile platforms, said CNN.
According to CNN, the latest PAX results for the period Q3 2012 to Q2 2013 show that as a TV brand, CNN’s daily audience is 59% greater than BBC World News and 2.6 times the size of CNBC’s audience. Also, in the digital sphere, more of the PAX population visit CNN via web or mobile than any other media brand, according to the network.
The results also show that CNN is far more effective than any other news/ business channel in connecting international business travelers (42% monthly reach vs. 29% for next placed channel), added CNN.
Tony Maddox, Executive Vice President of CNN International, said: “It’s most gratifying to see that our increased editorial output from Asia Pacific continues to resonate with viewers. They want intelligent, in-depth coverage and analysis, both from their region and globally. Programming such as CNN Newsroom Live from Hong Kong, On China and Talk Asia delivers this in clear and compelling ways.”
Duncan Morris, Vice President of Research at Turner International Asia Pacific, said: “Coming out on top in one of these independent media surveys would be a great achievement, but to be so consistently strong in all metrics and on all platforms on both studies is clearly very pleasing. CNN has yet again demonstrated that when it comes to targeting hard-to-reach elite groups, as well as broader affluent populations, the brand is the obvious news and business leader.”
The most recent BE:Asia research highlights that whether via TV, web or mobile, the majority of Asia’s business elite (71%) consume CNN every month. A remarkable 6-in-10 (58%) are weekly CNN brand users, while over a third (35%) are daily CNN consumers. Also, CNN TV reaches 61% more Asian elites each day than its closest TV news rival, and CNN Digital has 45% greater monthly reach than the next largest media brand.
Mobile is a key platform for Asia’s Business Elites, as reflected in their high smartphone and tablet ownership levels (82% and 55% respectively), and by the fact that CNN alone is able to reach almost a third (30%) of them via mobile devices.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 36 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020