New York – News Corp announced the launch of a new mobile and online product to deliver near-live highlights of the world’s leading football leagues and other exclusive content to fast-growing markets in East Asia. BallBall will provide exclusive highlight clips, including every goal from England’s Barclays Premier League. The Jeep brand has signed on as launch sponsor for BallBall across all three territories.
As a new initiative, BallBall was developed by leveraging existing resources and collaboration from across News Corp, including Fox Sports Australia, News UK, Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal.
“BallBall’s launch is a significant moment in the e-evolution of the new News,” said Robert Thomson, Chief Executive of News Corp. “It is all about the mobility of unique content and the upward mobility of Asia. As well as exclusive highlights, our company has unique access to great football writing, statistics, and the players, both on the field and in the industry, and we will bring Asian fans much closer to the action. Football is the ultimate global sport in an era of globalisation and digitisation — this new company will ride the momentum of those two mega-trends.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021