MIPJunior: Sprout, AwesomenessTV and Mind Candy to open keynote line-up
Paris – MIPJunior announced that Sandy Wax, Head of U.S. pre-school channel Sprout, Brian Robbins, CEO of multi-channel network AwesomenessTV, and Michael Acton Smith, CEO of Mind Candy, the creators of Moshi Monsters, will deliver three MIPJunior keynotes on October 6, 2013, as part of the Digital Kids conference programme.
Sandy Wax, President and General Manager of Sprout, is the leading children’s television expert at NBCUniversal, which co-owns Sprout. Wax oversees the 24-hour pre-school channel’s overall cross-platform programming strategy and its new business initiatives, marketing and digital efforts. Wax leads NBC’s newly rebranded Saturday morning preschool broadcast block. Having held several senior management positions at Disney ABC Cable Networks and Discovery Communications, Wax is one of the industry’s leading authorities in the children’s entertainment arena. Wax was honoured for her industry achievements, being named as one of the 2012 CableFAX Most Powerful Women in Cable.
Michael Acton Smith is the CEO and Founder of Mind Candy. Acton Smith is the creator of the global kids’ phenomenon Moshi Monsters, an online world for children with more than 80 million registered users that has recently expanded offline to include books, magazines, toys, video games, music, mobile apps and cartoons. Voted 5th in Wired Magazine’s Top 100 of Britain’s Digital Power List, Acton Smith also co-founded online retailer Firebox.com, the secret music festival Berwickstock, and the networking event Silicon Drinkabout. In 2004, Mind Candy launched the alternate reality game Perplex City, a pioneering cross-platform game involving a £100,000 buried somewhere in the world.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020