MIPJunior: Sprout, AwesomenessTV and Mind Candy to open keynote line-up
Paris – MIPJunior announced that Sandy Wax, Head of U.S. pre-school channel Sprout, Brian Robbins, CEO of multi-channel network AwesomenessTV, and Michael Acton Smith, CEO of Mind Candy, the creators of Moshi Monsters, will deliver three MIPJunior keynotes on October 6, 2013, as part of the Digital Kids conference programme.
Sandy Wax, President and General Manager of Sprout, is the leading children’s television expert at NBCUniversal, which co-owns Sprout. Wax oversees the 24-hour pre-school channel’s overall cross-platform programming strategy and its new business initiatives, marketing and digital efforts. Wax leads NBC’s newly rebranded Saturday morning preschool broadcast block. Having held several senior management positions at Disney ABC Cable Networks and Discovery Communications, Wax is one of the industry’s leading authorities in the children’s entertainment arena. Wax was honoured for her industry achievements, being named as one of the 2012 CableFAX Most Powerful Women in Cable.
Michael Acton Smith is the CEO and Founder of Mind Candy. Acton Smith is the creator of the global kids’ phenomenon Moshi Monsters, an online world for children with more than 80 million registered users that has recently expanded offline to include books, magazines, toys, video games, music, mobile apps and cartoons. Voted 5th in Wired Magazine’s Top 100 of Britain’s Digital Power List, Acton Smith also co-founded online retailer Firebox.com, the secret music festival Berwickstock, and the networking event Silicon Drinkabout. In 2004, Mind Candy launched the alternate reality game Perplex City, a pioneering cross-platform game involving a £100,000 buried somewhere in the world.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020