GlobeCast launches OTT ‘Incubator Platform’ in Asia
SINGAPORE — GlobeCast has announced the launch of an over-the top (OTT) “Incubator Platform” in Asia, which provides a suite of services for broadcasters looking to reach customers in this region. The platform’s goal is to help broadcasters gain visibility and secure carriage agreements with Asian pay-TV platforms. The Incubator Platform is the latest value-added service offered by GlobeCast, which also provides playout, media management, and satellite distribution services on a global level.
Available on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, the platform eliminates the need for broadcasters to make costly investments in regional playout and satellite distribution before gaining carriage agreements in Asia — an investment that is not sustainable for many niche mid-tier channels that would typically have to withdraw from Asia after a few months.
With the Incubator Platform, broadcasters can get their live channels evaluated by Asian pay-TV operators at a fraction of the cost, giving them a low-risk way to evaluate their prospects in Asia and secure regional carriage deals. Broadcasters who have successfully obtained carriage can upgrade their distribution to one of GlobeCast’s existing satellite platforms in Asia. GlobeCast runs successful satellite platforms on Measat 3a, Apstar 7, and AsiaSat 3S from its teleports in Hong Kong and from a brand-new, state-of-the-art teleport facility in Singapore.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020