CommunicAsia2013, EnterpriseIT2013 and BroadcastAsia2013 concluded
Singapore – The four-day event, held from 18 to 21 June at the Marina Bay Sands, saw more than 51,000 attendees from 100 countries/regions throng the exhibition halls and conference suites.
“The shows have done extremely well this year. Attendees, including exhibitors, conference speakers and delegates, as well as members of the press, have expressed fulfillment with what they were able to achieve this year. For us, this is testament to the success of the shows,” says Stephen Tan, Chief Executive of Singapore Exhibition Services, the event organiser. “By holding all the shows under one roof, we could leverage the increasing convergence of technologies across both sectors, and still have each show maintain its own appeal.”
Highlights from CommunicAsia2013 and EnterpriseIT2013:
Global industry leaders showcased the latest technologies and solutions for the information and communications technology (ICT) and digital media industries. Visitors were treated to first views of the Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1, a 7-inch Android rugged tablet designed for Asian customers. Huawei, one of the show’s largest exhibitors, unveiled its P6 Ascend, the world’s slimmest smartphone just a few hours after its global launch in London. Thuraya unveiled an innovative phone sleeve, which converts an ordinary iPhone into a satellite phone for mobile communications almost anywhere in the world, by connecting the phone to Thuraya’s satellites.
CommunicAsia2013 also brought together its largest ever contingent of more than 130 satellite communications companies. For the first time ever at a tradeshow, live ultra high-definition content was streamed to an Ultra HD TV screen over MEASAT’s satellite network, using Ericsson’s compression technology.
4K Technology Shines at BroadcastAsia2013 Exhibition
Ultra HD (or 4K) was the buzz word at BroadcastAsis2013, where various aspects of the entire 4K ecosystem, from cameras to production, and from post-production to content delivery technology were underlined. BroadcastAsia2013’s first-time exhibitor Ericsson partnered with CommunicAsia2013’s MEASAT to provide the encoders and receivers to facilitate the delivery of Ultra HD content from MEASAT’s satellite feed.
Blackmagic Design unveiled its Blackmagic Production Camera 4K as well as their latest 6G-SDI products that allow Ultra HD products to be integrated into current SDI based television systems. Attendees were enthralled by Panasonic’s Ultra Wide Angle camera that showcased an entire football field at once. GoPro showcased its latest camera HERO3 that is 30 per cent smaller and 25 per cent lighter, and twice more powerful than its predecessor and includes 4K video recording capability.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020