FOX has picked up Junior Masterchef, a new culinary competition series for talented kids as part of a new multi-year deal with award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay. Junior Masterchef is based on the hugely successful U.K. format and extends the Masterchef brand in the U.S. to include a younger group of aspiring masterchefs. Produced by Shine America and One Potato Two Potato (joint-venture between Ramsay and Optomen), Junior Masterchef will give budding cooks the opportunity to showcase their talent, culinary smarts and passion for food through a series of delicious challenges and cook-offs.
Similar to Masterchef, Ramsay will be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and acclaimed chef Graham Elliot on the judging panel. Shine International handles distribution for the Masterchef format. Elisabeth Murdoch, Eden Gaha, Paul Franklin, Robin Ashbrook, Gordon Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers.
As part of the new deal, FOX also has picked up one additional season of Hell’s Kitchen and two more seasons of Masterchef. The deal will extend Hell’s Kitchen to a 13th season and bring Masterchef to a fifth and sixth season. The addition of Junior Masterchef brings the total number of Ramsay-led shows airing on FOX to five.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 168 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021