Thailand – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia has announced an exclusive licensing agreement with AppleTool Co. Ltd, a local general entertainment content provider and a subsidiary of VR1 Media Group, to bring MTV Thailand back for viewers. AppleTool is a content provider, who produces local general entertainment channel and has a local block time on Channel 9 through its subsidiary O Noi Ogg.
According to VIMN, MTV Thailand was previously licensed to Very Group and the broadcaster “decided not to renew their license for commercial reasons”.
MTV Thailand will officially launch on May 1st on Ku-band satellite, available to TrueVisions customers on Channel 59 on its free view pack, and on C-band satellite.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 50 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 38 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Phil Hardman appointed Senior Vice President & General Manager – Asia for BBC Studios 32 views | posted on April 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020