Beach House Pictures scores four finalists in the 2013 New York Festivals Awards
Singapore-based production house Beach House Pictures (BHP) has received four entries in the finals of the 2013 New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards.
BHP’s Mao’s Cold War China vs USA episode (co-production for Discovery Networks Asia and distributed by OTF), was selected as a finalist in the Television Documentary/Information Program: History & Society category, while the Mao’s Cold War China vs India episode was selected for the Television-Craft: Program Best Writing category.
The Great Elephant Gathering (coproduction with NGCI, OTF, MDA and distributed by OTF) was selected for the Documentary/Information Program: Nature & Wildlife section, and Megastructures – Gardens by the Bay (coproduction with NGCI, OTF, MDA and distributed by OTF) got the nod for the Television-Craft: Program Best Editing category.
“I’m thrilled that the series has garnered much attention. Much of what we know about the Cold War has always centered around Western perspectives. We’ve all read about the Vietnam War and how it impacted the American psyche in the 70s. But this is something different. Mao’s Cold War presented a view that’s rarely been heard before,” says BHP Executive Producer Mashizan Masjum.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020