AMC’s “The Walking Dead” achieves its biggest ratings
AMC’s midseason premiere of The Walking Dead in the U.S. returned with its largest audience ever in series history, delivering 12.3 million viewers at the 9/8c premiere. The previous record was 10.9 million viewers from the Season 3 premiere on October 14, 2012. According to the network, the episode is also the strongest telecast for a series in basic cable history for adults 18-49 with 7.7 million. These results have surpassed the hit series’ previous record with an increase of 6% (A18-49) over the Oct. 14, 2012 Season 3 premiere.
The Walking Dead Season 3 series average for adults 18-49 is 6.8 million, surpassing other television series season averages including Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, and NCIS. In addition to the 9/8c premiere, the show encored at 11/10c and 2AM/1c, delivering 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Following the 9/8c premiere of The Walking Dead, AMC premiered a new episode of Talking Dead at 10/9c. 4.1 million viewers tuned in to the live show. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, Talking Dead is a companion series to The Walking Dead and features Hardwick and fans, actors, producers and other TV enthusiasts discussing and dissecting that night’s Dead premiere. The series expanded to a full hour for the final eight episodes of Season 3.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021