AMC’s “The Walking Dead” achieves its biggest ratings
AMC’s midseason premiere of The Walking Dead in the U.S. returned with its largest audience ever in series history, delivering 12.3 million viewers at the 9/8c premiere. The previous record was 10.9 million viewers from the Season 3 premiere on October 14, 2012. According to the network, the episode is also the strongest telecast for a series in basic cable history for adults 18-49 with 7.7 million. These results have surpassed the hit series’ previous record with an increase of 6% (A18-49) over the Oct. 14, 2012 Season 3 premiere.
The Walking Dead Season 3 series average for adults 18-49 is 6.8 million, surpassing other television series season averages including Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, and NCIS. In addition to the 9/8c premiere, the show encored at 11/10c and 2AM/1c, delivering 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Following the 9/8c premiere of The Walking Dead, AMC premiered a new episode of Talking Dead at 10/9c. 4.1 million viewers tuned in to the live show. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, Talking Dead is a companion series to The Walking Dead and features Hardwick and fans, actors, producers and other TV enthusiasts discussing and dissecting that night’s Dead premiere. The series expanded to a full hour for the final eight episodes of Season 3.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020