Natural History Unit’s Africa
BBC Worldwide Showcase, an international TV market hosted by BBC, will be welcoming 700 TV buyers from around the world when it opens its doors on February 24 at Liverpool’s Convention Centre.
This year it will be hosting special events to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who and to spotlight the BBC Natural History Unit’s highly acclaimed series Africa, which the distributor has already sold to 12 countries including Singapore (Mediacorp), Germany (WDR), Netherlands (NPO), Sweden (SVT), Australia (Channel Ten), New Zealand (TVNZ) and Ukraine (Mega TV).
BBC Worldwide Showcase enables the BBC’s commercial arm to generate programme sales on behalf of the BBC and independent producers. It provides a major boost to television exports and accounts for around 20% of BBC Worldwide’s annual programme sales.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020