High Court orders Internet service providers to block access to ISDs
The High Court ordered Singapore’s internet service providers to block access to popular illegal applications that are frequently sold pre-loaded on android TV boxes, which are also known as illicit streaming devices (ISDs). These apps . They are preloaded on TV boxes which are overtly sold in retail outlets such as Sim Lim Square, IT exhibitions and on popular e-markets.
The application and illicit streaming device (ISD) ecosystem is impacting all businesses involved in the production and distribution of legitimate content. Configuring TV boxes with applications to stream audio-visual content from illegal streaming servers allows consumers to access unauthorised premium TV channels, live sports channels and movies for the one-off price of the TV box and (often) a yearly subscription to access the content – with the revenue going into the pockets of criminal syndicates and individuals all benefiting from the spoils of such a crime.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 250 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021