The Collective taps Henson Independent Properties for Annoying Orange distribution
Los Angeles – Entertainment management and production company The Collective has appointed HIP (Henson Independent Properties), The Jim Henson Company’s third party licensing banner, as the exclusive international distributor of the Annoying Orange broadcast series.
The deal, which marks HIP’s first third-party property for media distribution, will include television, home entertainment and digital platforms. HIP introduced the hit television programme, currently airing its first season on the Cartoon Network in the United States, to international broadcasters at MIPCOM and MIPJunior last week, where it received an overwhelming worldwide response. HIP will also bring Annoying Orange to Singapore’s Asia Television Forum in December.
Reza Izad, partner at The Collective, said, “Given their strong portfolio and track record, we feel that Henson Independent Properties is the perfect choice to help us expand Annoying Orange’s presence on a global scale. With Annoying Orange’s hugely successful launch in the U.S. on Cartoon Network, we can’t wait for the rest of the world to see how we transformed the web show into a hit TV series.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 233 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 164 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021