BBC Worldwide has published its Annual Review for 2011/12 showing an eight percent rise in headline profit to £155m (2010/11: £144m).
Profit before tax of £104m (2010/11: £92m excluding gains on disposals) is up 13% on a like for like basis. The company grew headline sales by 5% to £1,085m in the 12 months to 31 March 2012 (2010/11: £1,030m). These figures exclude the BBC Magazine titles sold and licensed in the year.
Sales & Distribution is BBC Worldwide’s largest profit centre, generating a headline profit of £72m on headlines sales of £293m this year. It is the largest distributor of finished TV programmes outside the US studios with a sales team present in 11 global offices serving 200 territories.
The continuation of a successful growth strategy, focusing on key client relationships, programme prioritisation, active catalogue management and digital, resulted in a fourth year of double-digit profit growth.
In Asia Pacific, revenue growth was particularly strong in Australia and New Zealand, where BBC renewed its first option deal with public service broadcaster ABC, and signed a number of digital licensing deals. The broadcaster also had an excellent year in China, helped by digital growth and pre-sales on Science programming.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.2k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 468 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 78 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 62 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021