Singapore’s FTA channels to go fully digital by 2013
Singapore – The Media Development Authority (MDA) today announced that Singapore’s free-to-air (FTA) TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using the DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcasting – Second Generation Terrestrial) broadcasting standard.
As per the MDA mandate, FTA broadcaster MediaCorp will transmit all of its channels digitally by end 2013. Channels 5, 8, Suria and Vasantham will be available in HD by end-2013. The remaining three channels – okto, Channel U and Channel NewsAsia – will first be broadcast in SD from end-2013, before being broadcast in HD in 2016.
The adoption of DVB-T2 standard comes after a successful trial conducted last year with MediaCorp and Pay-TV operator StarHub. The trial, which involved some 500 households in Ang Mo Kio and Bedok housing estates, showed that DVB-T2 was suitable for deployment in Singapore’s urbanised environment.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020