Jana Bennett to leave BBC Worldwide following BBCW re-org
Jana Bennett, President of Worldwide Networks and the Global BBC iPlayer, has decided to leave BBC Worldwide in late autumn following implementation of a major reorganisation of the company, as BBC Worldwide
reconfigures the business from divisional to geographic lines. As a result, P&L ownership will move from the existing global divisions to a number of market and country facing business units.
Jana said: “My time at BBC Worldwide has been exciting and stimulating. I am delighted to have grown the BBC’s international channel portfolio at a time when global markets are so highly competitive and to have brought quality British programmes and events to new audiences around the world both through our worldwide networks and the Global BBC iPlayer pilot.
“Today’s announcement about the new organisation of BBC Worldwide, with regions in future holding P&L responsibility, is an important step in securing the future growth of BBC Worldwide enabling it to compete more effectively in the global market and deliver increasing returns to the BBC. I was pleased to have played a significant role in the organisational design process and fully support the changes under John Smith’s leadership. However with the move of P&L responsibility under the new structure I feel this is a good moment for me to work outside BBC Worldwide.”
Since becoming President of Worldwide Networks, Jana has overseen the channels business, which is the biggest revenue generator for BBC Worldwide and will report further strong growth for the year just ended. She has overseen the introduction of 13 channel services, from New Zealand to Thailand, as well as the launch of channels into new markets for the first time, including Brazil and Taiwan. She has pioneered global programming events across BBC Worldwide’s own channels, with broadcasts such as the Royal Wedding, Sport Relief, as well as the London Calling season (timed to coincide with Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics), playing out across four continents simultaneously.
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 98 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 64 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020