Los Angeles – Rick Sands, chief operating officer, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) has left the studio to pursue other opportunities in entertainment and content. During Sands tenure at MGM, he reported to Harry E. Sloan, chairman & CEO of MGM, and has served as COO since January 2006. He accomplished various strategic goals including the revitalizing a full service theatrical marketing and distribution infrastructure for North American releases of MGM’s films. Sands also established a home entertainment structure in conjunction with Twentieth Century Fox, as well as developed MGM’s global TV sales and digital media divisions. Prior to joining MGM, Sands was president and COO of DreamWorks SKG where he oversaw all aspects of the studio’s business and creative operations prior to its sale to Paramount Pictures.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 43 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020