SHIFT72 protects high-value content from geo-piracy with GeoGuard VPN and proxy detection
GeoComply Solutions Inc. announced that SHIFT72, whose video streaming platform is the premier choice for film festivals, cinemas and film distributors worldwide, has integrated the award-winning GeoGuard VPN and proxy detection solution to better protect its customers’ high-value, territorially-restricted content from geolocation fraud and geo-piracy.
GeoGuard is Hollywood studio approved and third-party tested to be 99.6% effective in detecting the most popular VPNs. Recent important enhancements to GeoGuard include the ability to detect even the most sophisticated spoofing methods such as hijacked residential IPs, Proxy-Over-VPN attacks and the use of IPv6 addresses to mask a viewer’s true location.
“The worst possible time that piracy can occur is when content is in the pre-release or early distribution stage, which exactly describes our customer base,” says Simon Crutchley, VP of Content and Acquisitions at SHIFT72. “The rapid acceleration of premium Video On Demand and the massive interest from film festivals who were forced online, has driven an increase in rights holders’ security requirements. We chose GeoGuard as it is the industry standard for VPN and proxy detection and ensures our customer’s content is protected from territorial leakage and geolocation fraud.”
“SHIFT72’s focus on early release, super premium content makes it imperative they’re utilizing the industry’s best solutions in their content protection tech stack,” says James Clark, Director of Global Sales at GeoComply. “SHIFT72’s customers expect the highest level of compliance in regards to geo-restrictions and by deploying GeoGuard, media rights holders can trust SHIFT72 to meet their stringent content protection requirements.”
GeoGuard is used by the top streaming video platforms, OTT broadcasters and sports leagues worldwide to protect against geo-piracy and geolocation fraud caused by the use of VPNs and DNS proxies to circumvent geographical restrictions on content. Our award-winning solution is pre-integrated with leading content delivery networks (CDNs) including Akamai and Amazon CloudFront, enabling customers to simply “turn on” VPN and proxy detection. GeoGuard is updated multiple times each day, ensuring the lowest rate of false positives and false negatives.
The use of VPNs and DNS proxies to spoof a user’s location in order to access geographically restricted content is on the rise. In fact, 37% of all internet users are using VPNs, mainly to access restricted content, according to a survey by the Global Web Index.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 54 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021