ATEME enables VOD-to-live and personalized channels
ATEME, the leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable TV, DTH, IPTV and OTT, announced that its NEA streaming solution now supports full channel origination. This allows content owners, broadcasters and service providers to deliver content that is more relevant to their viewers through personalized TV channels, resulting in higher viewership and increased loyalty to both OTT and OTA services.
With on-the-fly stream-origination capabilities, this upgrade to NEA – which already allows dynamic ad insertion into a live stream for targeted advertising – now makes it possible for VOD files to be scheduled, effectively creating a new way to deliver linear streams.
The NEA channel origination solution is a cloud-native, containerized solution, following a micro-services approach designed to run in the cloud, on-premise or via a hybrid model. It is scalable from national feeds through to personalized individual viewer experiences.
Moreover, the solution allows for a single workflow, enabling a ‘Content Lego’ servicing to be adopted for both VOD and linear content, removing the complexity of two distinct workflows. Combined with the micro-services approach, this brings reduced infrastructure and CPU requirements when compared to traditional playout technology – meaning both reduced costs and a lower carbon footprint.
Jean-Louis Lods, VP Media Supply Chain Solutions, ATEME, commented, “This is a real paradigm change in the construction of linear streams: It will enable content and service providers to tap into new revenue streams while reducing operational costs. Whether it’s national, regional, local or personalized streaming, NEA will enable them to create new themed channels from scratch, from documentary and lifestyle to children’s programming, with minimal upfront investment.”
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020