Malaysian adaptation of ABS-CBN drama is most-watched show on Astro Prima Channel in 2020
The series about two brothers who share the same name and the same love aired from November 2, 2020, to April 9, 2021, on Astro Prima HD and Astro Prima channel daily. The show was streamed on the Astro Go app and made available on-demand.
“Angkara Cinta’s successful run in Malaysia affirms ABS-CBN’s expertise in creating stories that have universal appeal and inspires us to continue on our path to becoming a bigger content provider in the global market. We are grateful for the overwhelming response from our Malaysian audiences,” said ABS-CBN head of Program Acquisitions and International Sales and Distribution Macie Imperial.
According to Astro Prima channel manager Norzeha Mohd Salleh, the show originally had 70 episodes, but it was extended by 45 more episodes after receiving positive feedback from viewers.
“We are very happy and honoured with the warm response that the drama Angkara Cinta received. It garnered the highest number of views on Astro Prima throughout 2020. So as a token of appreciation, we gave our viewers 45 additional episodes,” Salleh said.
The show’s promotional video was also a hit on social media as it garnered over 8 million total digital views after the hashtag #AngkaraCinta helped promote it.
In 2020, ABS-CBN expanded its content distribution in African, Latin American, and Asian territories and sold 16 titles, including Tayong Dalawa, Brothers, The Heiress, Destined Hearts, The General’s Daughter, and more.
Known for their inspiring storytelling and powerful dramas, ABS-CBN shows are available in many countries through ABS-CBN International Distribution, which is recognized as a reliable foreign content provider.
ABS-CBN shows are available on television via the Kapamilya Channel, TV5, A2Z, and Jeepney TV across the Philippines and online via Kapamilya Online Live, which is streamed on ABS-CBN Entertainment’s YouTube and Facebook pages. Its shows and films are also available for streaming on iWantTFC and TFC, while some of its programs are streaming on WeTV iFlix.
The company continues to syndicate its content through various streaming services and operate other businesses that do not require a legislative franchise, such as international licensing and distribution, digital, and cable TV.
It has been a premier source of high-quality Filipino programming in over 50 territories all over the world and has sold over 50,000 hours of content worldwide. Living up to this recognition, ABS-CBN International Distribution commits to add to its line-up of high-calibre programs and movies with cast and storylines that appeal to various cultures. Visit its website http://internationalsales.abs-cbn.com
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 171 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 147 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021