Former Disney executive teams up with CAKE and Kickstart Entertainment’s new production company
Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE and international animation and live-action producer Kickstart Entertainment have announced their new venture CakeStart, a full-service production company that will develop and produce kids’ and family live-action projects for the global market.
Former Head of Current/Vice President Original Series at Disney Branded Television, Kory Lunsford will take the helm at CakeStart as President and Partner. Responsible for developing and producing some of Disney’s biggest hit series over the last 20 years, including Hannah Montana, Emmy-Award-winning Wizards of Waverly Place and Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Good Luck Charlie, Liv and Maddie, Jessie, Bunk’d, The Proud Family, Andi Mack and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Kory has worked with leading talent including Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Hilary Duff and Zendaya to launch series that have resonated with global audiences and spanned generations.
Kickstart Entertainment’s proven track record in creating award-winning live-action productions (Amazon hits The Boys and AMC’s Preacher) combined with CAKE’s production and distribution expertise (Angelo Rules, Total Drama, Mush-Mush & The Mushables and Mama K’s Team 4 and Angry Birds: Summer Madness currently in production for Netflix) have laid the groundwork for the partnership. Combining the reach of both companies, CakeStart will have studio operating capabilities across four countries, including soundstages in the US, allowing them to produce and co-produce anywhere in the world. CAKE will handle global distribution on all CakeStart productions.
“Kory Lunsford has developed and produced amazing content over the last 20 years and he has extensive relationships with creators, writers, filmmakers and talent,” said Kickstart Founder and CEO Jason Netter. “Bringing those talents together with CAKE and Kickstart will give us the foundation to grow our ability to create and exploit global live-action content in the kids and family space.”
Ed Galton CEO at CAKE said, “We’ve seen a growing demand for live-action content from all over the world and are excited to be partnering with Kickstart and Kory whose expertise and reputation as one of the most seasoned veterans in the industry, brings significant firepower to the growth of this business.”
Kory Lunsford said, “I am incredibly honoured and thrilled to be partnering with Jason and Ed on this new venture. Combining the stellar reputations of CAKE and Kickstart with my experience and passion for delivering the highest quality content for kids and family audiences around the world has us all very excited about the endless opportunities that lie ahead.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020