Flame Distribution closes multiple global sales with key international broadcasters, platforms
Flame Distribution has finalised multiple sales with leading international broadcasters and platforms on a broad range of premium factual content.
Unbreakable (7 x 44’) which follows a group of remarkable individuals with disabilities as they pursue their life goals was picked up by Fuse TV (US).
In Canada, TVO acquired the historical series about fashion A Stitch in Time ( 6 x 30’) and Season 2 of Off the Beaten Track with Kate Humble (4 x 30’) which offers an intimate portrait of the lives of people living in the most remote and rural areas of Wales. Whilst Canadian Bell Media’s Canal D also snapped up Season 1 of the hit lifestyle/reality series Outback Opal Hunters (8 x 45’).
France’s RMC Découverte took Season 6 and Season 9 of the unique long-running series Outback Truckers, which showcases some of Australia’s unsung heroes as they drive the biggest trucks on earth along the toughest roads and loneliest highways in the world.
Flame finalised a deal with Chinese SVOD platform Tencent who took the stunning 3 part documentary series Life in Colour with David Attenborough which recently launched and sees the award-winning natural history icon travel from the rainforests of Costa Rica to the snowy Scottish Highlands to reveal the extraordinary ways that animals use colour.
Continuing with nature and wildlife content, Work on the Wild Side (20 x 60’/10 x 30’) which follows vets, veterinary nurses and volunteers who gave up their day jobs and moved to South Africa to help save some extraordinary animals, was sold to BS4 satellite channel (Japan), as well as Viu TV (Hong Kong). Further titles were also taken by Viu TV include Cat Hospital, Under the Sea: The Great Barrier Reef, The Dinosaur Echo, Think Like An Animal, Volcanic New Zealand and Striking Balance.
The Food Safari franchise also continues to be a hit with international buyers, seeing Food Safari Earth, Food Safari Water and Food Safari Fire picked up by JCG in South Korea and National Geographic Channel in India (Nat Geo’s package deal also included Italian Food Safari, French Food Safari and Food Safari).
“We have seen such a boom in the demand for content from a multitude of buyers across the board and these deals are just a few highlights. Our sales and acquisitions teams in the UK, US and Australia continue to work closely with some exceptionally talented producers and we are proud to represent their titles,” said Fiona Gilroy, Content Sales & Acquisitions Director, Flame Distribution.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020