ZEASN, the world’s leading provider of OTT and Smart TV solutions, announced a partnership with NEW ID, a subsidiary of NEXT ENTERTAINMENT WORLD (NEW), a major entertainment, media, and sports powerhouse in South Korea. To expand the Korean entertainment content available to WhaleLive viewers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria and Switzerland.
NEW ID is currently the only FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming TV) platform operator in Korea. Along with a vast catalog including the latest movies, dramas, and sports content from its parent company NEW, the company holds content partnerships with more than 30 Korean content providers. These partners include Korea’s leading television networks, digital content production companies, K-POP entertainment agencies, and OTT operators. Through the partnerships, NEW ID provides a channel with the most diverse and latest Korean entertainment programming to viewers across North America, Europe, and South America.
The cooperation between ZEASN and NEW ID enables both parties to better service audiences on large screens around the world. NEW ID will be launching several digital channels first through WhaleLive this month, including YG TV, SBS, NEW K.ID, muKbang TV, and Billiards TV. Meanwhile, ZEASN will be providing robust and stable technical support to ensure smooth running of these live streaming channels. The collaboration will bring a positive impact on ZEASN, the Korean entertainment provided by NEW ID is unquestionably going to boost the overall quality and coverage of live streaming contents of WhaleLive.
The digital channels included in the partnership are:
1. YG TV – the only YG Entertainment official branded channel, with exclusive YG TV content featuring the agency’s top groups and artists, from BLACKPINK,WINNER, G-Dragon and Taeyang.
2. SBS (UK, DE, FR, ES, IT, AT, CH) – the first Asian TV network branded channel broadcasted on Europe’s FAST platform. Features premium Korean entertainment from the latest hit dramas to hit music program SBS Inkigayo.
3. NEW K.ID – NEW ID’s flagship channel with the latest selection of top-rated K-POP entertainment, with live performances, concerts, and reality TV shows featuring famous K-POP idols, and popular Korean dramas, and documentaries.
4. muKbang TV – an unrivaled blend of mouthwatering food and entertainment content featuring Korean cooking recipes and food related variety tailored for global audiences.
5. Billiards TV – the only sports channel in the world dedicated to professional billiards, streaming tour championship competitions 24/7.
Since August 2020, ZEASN launched its free ad-supported live streaming service WhaleLive under Whale Eco, a large number of premium digital channels has been incorporated and the service has been constantly improved, and various new features are added too, such as improved EPG, optimized UI and interaction tweaks, etc. Right now ZEASN is also busy deploying WhaleLive to more smart devices all over the world.