ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive
ZEASN, the world’s leading provider of OTT and Smart TV solutions, announced a partnership with NEW ID, a subsidiary of NEXT ENTERTAINMENT WORLD (NEW), a major entertainment, media, and sports powerhouse in South Korea. To expand the Korean entertainment content available to WhaleLive viewers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria and Switzerland.
NEW ID is currently the only FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming TV) platform operator in Korea. Along with a vast catalog including the latest movies, dramas, and sports content from its parent company NEW, the company holds content partnerships with more than 30 Korean content providers. These partners include Korea’s leading television networks, digital content production companies, K-POP entertainment agencies, and OTT operators. Through the partnerships, NEW ID provides a channel with the most diverse and latest Korean entertainment programming to viewers across North America, Europe, and South America.
The cooperation between ZEASN and NEW ID enables both parties to better service audiences on large screens around the world. NEW ID will be launching several digital channels first through WhaleLive this month, including YG TV, SBS, NEW K.ID, muKbang TV, and Billiards TV. Meanwhile, ZEASN will be providing robust and stable technical support to ensure smooth running of these live streaming channels. The collaboration will bring a positive impact on ZEASN, the Korean entertainment provided by NEW ID is unquestionably going to boost the overall quality and coverage of live streaming contents of WhaleLive.
The digital channels included in the partnership are:
1. YG TV – the only YG Entertainment official branded channel, with exclusive YG TV content featuring the agency’s top groups and artists, from BLACKPINK,WINNER, G-Dragon and Taeyang.
2. SBS (UK, DE, FR, ES, IT, AT, CH) – the first Asian TV network branded channel broadcasted on Europe’s FAST platform. Features premium Korean entertainment from the latest hit dramas to hit music program SBS Inkigayo.
3. NEW K.ID – NEW ID’s flagship channel with the latest selection of top-rated K-POP entertainment, with live performances, concerts, and reality TV shows featuring famous K-POP idols, and popular Korean dramas, and documentaries.
4. muKbang TV – an unrivaled blend of mouthwatering food and entertainment content featuring Korean cooking recipes and food related variety tailored for global audiences.
5. Billiards TV – the only sports channel in the world dedicated to professional billiards, streaming tour championship competitions 24/7.
Since August 2020, ZEASN launched its free ad-supported live streaming service WhaleLive under Whale Eco, a large number of premium digital channels has been incorporated and the service has been constantly improved, and various new features are added too, such as improved EPG, optimized UI and interaction tweaks, etc. Right now ZEASN is also busy deploying WhaleLive to more smart devices all over the world.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 204 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020