Former Grass Valley marketing executive joins TVU Networks as Global VP of Strategic Marketing
, a market and technology leader in cloud and IP-based live video solutions, announced the appointment of David Cohen, former Vice President of Marketing Communications at Grass Valley, as the company’s new Global Vice President, Strategic Marketing. Cohen will report to TVU Networks CEO, Paul Shen.
In his new role, Cohen will develop and oversee the marketing strategy for TVU Networks and ensure a cohesive approach across the company’s worldwide digital, sales enablement, branding and communications efforts. His primary, initial focus will be on accelerating the transition of the TVU Networks brand identity as the company delivers on its cloud-based production and media supply chain vision.
Cohen has more than 18 years of experience in the media technology industry. Prior to his tenure at Grass Valley, which included several years with Miranda Technologies, he was the president of the PR agency 202 Communications and led marketing activities for the former Harris Broadcast Communications division.
“We’re at a pivotal point in the growth of TVU,” said Paul Shen, CEO, TVU Networks. “This past year has seen a dramatic increase in the technology development and use of our systems. At the same time, we’re seeing significant expansion in many key areas and applications throughout the world, including the use of 4K and 8K UHD transmission over 5G networks, and videoconferencing apps, and our Media Services support. As these advances converge and we look to expand into new markets, we’re thankful to have someone with Dave’s level of strategic thinking and marketing experience leading the communication of our company’s overall vision.”
“I’m thrilled to join TVU at such an exciting time,” said Cohen. “TVU has a stellar reputation in the broadcast industry as a progressive provider of video-over-IP solutions. Our charge will be to refine and consistently communicate the company’s overall vision while demonstrating our ability to support customers in existing and new markets as the media technology industry shifts its focus to the efficiency and flexibility of the cloud.”
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020