VOOT Select achieves 1 million active paying subscriber mark in less than a year
Launched with the brand promise of ‘made for stories’ that are differentiated and compelling, Viacom18’s premium SVoD offering VOOT Select has emerged as the fastest-growing Indian OTT platform to hit a landmark milestone of one million active direct paying subscribers in less than a year of launch. The newest kid on the block has in a short period of time emerged as a formidable game changer by creating disruptive and innovative viewing experiences through fresh stories and category-defining initiatives. Digital-first strategies like 24 hours before television windowing of network content, high decibel immersive experiences, International content and multi award-winning originals have all been growth drivers for the platform.
Adding to the content diversity, Voot Select will also be the new home to Showtime content in India and the exclusive destination for upcoming Paramount+ shows in the country. The diverse repertoire of international content will include much-awaited titles such as Dexter (Limited Series), Ray Donavan Feature-Length Film, The First Lady from showtime and Frasier (Reboot) & Why Women Kill S2 from Paramount+ amongst others, expected to premiere on the platform in India.
Despite being launched at the cusp of the global health crisis, Voot Select has delivered a phenomenal first year. In an industry-first innovation, the brand took their digital-first strategy a step ahead on the back of originals, Before TV content and multi-genre international offerings. With content available 24 Hours before TV, access to 24 Hours Live channel of Bigg Boss and producing pandemic-based fiction thriller series ‘The Gone Game’ – the first series in the category to be shot during the lockdown, Voot Select drove high engagement throughout the year. The award-winning line up of originals like the breakthrough series Asur that emerged amongst the top 3 shows of 2020, Illegal, Raikar Case, Marzi, and Crackdown amongst others added to the diverse content experience of viewers on the platform.
With strengthened tech partnerships and more than 40 per cent of watch time on Smart TVs, the platform has attracted a cohort of premium customers, providing them with an enhanced viewing experience.
Touted as the go-to destination for entertainment, the platform has accelerated its growth with an enhanced viewing experience and continues to be an industry disruptor. With a stellar growth trajectory and offerings such Bigg Boss being available on the platform before TV, the launch of premium content and originals like The Gone Game, Asur, Raikar Case, and the robust multi-genre international slate, the platform is all set to further accelerate its growth with an enhanced viewing experience for its users.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020