TechStorm expands distribution to Cignal’s direct-to-home adding 3 million subscribers nationwide
TechStorm, Asia’s fastest-growing esports, gaming and tech entertainment network announced that it will expand its footprint on the Philippines’ premier Direct-to-Home (DTH) platform partner Cignal, coming soon in April 2021.
This came hot off the heels of TechStorm’s recent milestone announcement of surpassing 100 major leading platform partners in nine countries at lightning speed of fewer than 22 months. The new launch expanded TechStorm’s current distribution partnership with Cignal, adding Cignal DTH on top of its OTT platform, Cignal Play. Now, the Filipino audience will enjoy tech & esports entertainment on both Cignal Postpaid Plan and Prepaid Load and Cignal Play on Premium Pack.
“The launch of TechStorm came at a perfect time as the Philippine market shot up in the nationwide interest of esports, gaming and cutting-edge innovations amongst the youth segment and Filipino families across the board given that they are mostly at home due to the pandemic. We have expanded the distribution of TechStorm’s premium, world-class quality content on major esports tournaments, leagues, game reviews and inspiring stories of innovation and startups to our Cignal subscribers to show our commitment to offering not only the best entertainment experience but also introducing content that is fresh and innovative for our subscribers to enjoy.”, says Guido R. Zaballero, FVP, Head of Marketing.
“We are exhilarated to work with the wonderful, trend-forward management and team at Cignal to bring TechStorm onto their crown jewel – the DTH platform. We are confident that our near-100% first and exclusive content on Asia’s trending esports, newest and latest game reviews, behind-the-scenes true to life stories such as E-Sports Revolution that unveils the inner workings of this exciting esports space, will bring delight and a huge wow factor to our beloved Filipino subscribers and their families. This expansion is well-timed with our new pop culture branding which will resonate perfectly with the youth and young at heart. Cignal subscribers will enjoy real-life lessons that come from the billion-makers on Meet The Drapers, a reality investment pitch series with American billionaire investor Timothy Draper that shows how entrepreneurs cope with COVID-19 as part of their startup journey and so much more. I would like to say a warm welcome to all Cignal DTH subscribers tuning in to TechStorm channel this coming April!”, says Debbie Lee, TechStorm Founder & CEO.
Tailored for the whole family, viewers can also catch award-winning shows such as The Gadget Show and Innovation Nation, as well as hugely popular gaming tournaments such as Leagues of Legends ESL UK Premiership, DOTA 2 ESL, Counterstrike ESL One New York and gameplay reviews of critically-acclaimed Minecraft on the channel’s dedicated esports time belt at 11:00 p.m., on Mondays to Fridays.
Catch these iconic shows on TechStorm, coming soon on Cignal.
TechStorm is already widely distributed as a basic entertainment offer on the region’s leading, dominant platforms including AIS PLAY Channel 251 and AIS PLAYBOX in Thailand, Dialog TV Channel 62 and MyDialog OTT in Sri Lanka, Singtel TV Channel 260 / Channel 18 and Singtel TV GO OTT in Singapore, Sirius TV Channel 10 in Malaysia, Dimsum Entertainment in Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore, First Media Channel 333 and FirstMediaX OTT, Telkomsel’s MAXstream OTT, Genflix OTT and Telkom’s IndiBOX OTT in Indonesia, 4gTV Channel 109 in Taiwan, Cellcard TV OTT, SingMeng TV Channel 251 and Splus mobile TV in Cambodia. Sky Cable Channel 212, Cablelink Channel 311, Cignal Play OTT and via Omnicontent Management Inc. across 85 leading MSOs and provincial cable systems in the Philippines.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020