TeamTO and CAKE kick-off ‘Angelo Rules’ Season 5 with first-ever Christmas special
Leading creative content studio TeamTO and top kids entertainment specialist CAKE are pleased to announce the greenlighting of a fifth Angelo Rules series with co-production partners France Télévisions, Canal+ and Super RTL.
The launch of Angelo Rules Season 5 (1 x 60’ + 46 x 11’) will kick off with Angelo’s first-ever Christmas comedy special which will be broadcast on Canal+ and Super RTL on Christmas day 2021. This year, Angelo finds himself on Santa’s naughty list and gets stuck reliving the day before Christmas over and over again, in a nightmarish yuletide time loop. In order to escape, Angelo’s going to need a team, a plan and – a friend who speaks elf!
The full 5th Season of Angelo Rules will launch in France and Germany in 2022 and will introduce a brand-new rival: West Side Academy, a shiny, fancy, modern school. Rumour has it they have a pool, a dairy farm, a green roof where kids grow their own lunch, a surf club, a black-box theatre, a music recording studio, and more. The ongoing battle between the two schools gives Angelo and friends the opportunity to ally with some of their old rivals, like Tracy, Mr. Foot, and Manetti. Now that they all have a common enemy, get ready for some epic Angelo mayhem!
Aired in over 100 territories on premium platforms like Cartoon Network (EMEA, Latin America, Asia), France Télévisions, Super RTL and Canal +, Angelo Rules has consistently secured great ratings on TV, and the digital world as well: the series’ four digital games (ANGELO SKATE AWAY, A BUSY DAY, SUPER RUN and FUNNY FACES) have been downloaded over 6 million times!
Angelo Rules has also been widely recognized within the animation industry, receiving a Pulcinella Award for Best Kids TV Series (Cartoons on the Bay 2010); and nominations at the 2013 Emmy® Kids Awards; 2013 Trickfilm Festival; 2012 Anima Mundi; and 2011 BANFF World Media Festival.
Angelo Rules is a TeamTO/CAKE co-production with TeleTOON+ in collaboration with France Télévisions and Super RTL. Based on the French series of books Comment Faire Enrager, written by Sylvie de Mathuisieulx and illustrated by Sébastien Diologent, the series is produced in association with IRP (Amy Jackson and Andy Rheingold).
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020