Firstlight Media – NPAW Partnership to tackle CDN switching for OTTs
Firstlight Media and NPAW (Nice People At Work) are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to optimize content delivery networks (CDNs), reducing infrastructure costs, and increasing subscriber satisfaction.
The relationship combines the modularity of Firstlight Media’s ultra-scalable, cloud-native OTT platform and the power of NPAW’s flagship solution, YOUBORA, with its video analytics and business intelligence functions. The partnership is intended to drive improved network performance and quality of experience (QoE) for broadcast telco, OTT, and media customers.
The Firstlight Media platform is built on Gen 5 architecture and delivers step-changes in performance, flexibility, and scale. By integrating YOUBORA into its portfolio of best-of-breed partners, Firstlight Media can offer customers increased insights into available CDN options, as well as real-time switching among CDNs. YOUBORA provides advanced visibility of platform performance, audience behavior, advertising, and content efficiency in real-time to support informed, data-driven decisions. Additionally, YOUBORA benchmarks all major in-market CDNs based on predefined business rules and dynamically issues recommendations that can best help customers meet their overflow, billing, and infrastructure cost objectives.
“In today’s crowded OTT landscape, pushing quality up and costs down are crucial to business success,” said Mortiz Loew, Head of North America at NPAW. “The flexibility and scalability of Firstlight Media’s cloud-native platform will help us expedite the availability of data-driven CDN and QoE optimization strategies that can improve bottom lines.”
“As we continue to build an industry-leading portfolio of best-of-breed partners, our customers have placed great value on the ability to expedite CDN decisioning,” said Paul Pastor, Chief Business Officer and Co-Founder of Firstlight Media. “Our seamless integration of NPAW’s YOUBORA removes complexity from that process, automating CDN selection, and optimizing performance to allow the highest possible customer experiences in the most cost-effective manner.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020