Firstlight Media – NPAW Partnership to tackle CDN switching for OTTs
Firstlight Media and NPAW (Nice People At Work) are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to optimize content delivery networks (CDNs), reducing infrastructure costs, and increasing subscriber satisfaction.
The relationship combines the modularity of Firstlight Media’s ultra-scalable, cloud-native OTT platform and the power of NPAW’s flagship solution, YOUBORA, with its video analytics and business intelligence functions. The partnership is intended to drive improved network performance and quality of experience (QoE) for broadcast telco, OTT, and media customers.
The Firstlight Media platform is built on Gen 5 architecture and delivers step-changes in performance, flexibility, and scale. By integrating YOUBORA into its portfolio of best-of-breed partners, Firstlight Media can offer customers increased insights into available CDN options, as well as real-time switching among CDNs. YOUBORA provides advanced visibility of platform performance, audience behavior, advertising, and content efficiency in real-time to support informed, data-driven decisions. Additionally, YOUBORA benchmarks all major in-market CDNs based on predefined business rules and dynamically issues recommendations that can best help customers meet their overflow, billing, and infrastructure cost objectives.
“In today’s crowded OTT landscape, pushing quality up and costs down are crucial to business success,” said Mortiz Loew, Head of North America at NPAW. “The flexibility and scalability of Firstlight Media’s cloud-native platform will help us expedite the availability of data-driven CDN and QoE optimization strategies that can improve bottom lines.”
“As we continue to build an industry-leading portfolio of best-of-breed partners, our customers have placed great value on the ability to expedite CDN decisioning,” said Paul Pastor, Chief Business Officer and Co-Founder of Firstlight Media. “Our seamless integration of NPAW’s YOUBORA removes complexity from that process, automating CDN selection, and optimizing performance to allow the highest possible customer experiences in the most cost-effective manner.”
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020