Ipsos names BBC as fastest-growing international news brand across APAC
Industry research body Ipsos announced that BBC News is the fastest-growing international news brand in the Asia Pacific. It reached more influential opinion formers in the region than any of its competitors and was the top performer in Australia and India.
Alistair McEwan, SVP Commercial Development, BBC Global News, says, “These results show that, during a time of uncertainty, with a global pandemic and political unrest in many parts of the world, people are increasingly turning towards news sources that they can trust. The fact that BBC News is the fastest-growing news brand across such a broad and diverse region demonstrates that impartial, accurate news is more important to our audiences than ever.”
The research also revealed that the BBC is the #1 international online news brand viewed daily in Hong Kong. BBC News was also shown to be outperforming its closest competitors within the business and B2B sectors, with research demonstrating that:
- The BBC is the top international news brand among business opinion leaders in APAC.
- The BBC is the fastest-growing international news brand in APAC for high-income earners and C-suite executives.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020