Ipsos names BBC as fastest-growing international news brand across APAC
Industry research body Ipsos announced that BBC News is the fastest-growing international news brand in the Asia Pacific. It reached more influential opinion formers in the region than any of its competitors and was the top performer in Australia and India.
Alistair McEwan, SVP Commercial Development, BBC Global News, says, “These results show that, during a time of uncertainty, with a global pandemic and political unrest in many parts of the world, people are increasingly turning towards news sources that they can trust. The fact that BBC News is the fastest-growing news brand across such a broad and diverse region demonstrates that impartial, accurate news is more important to our audiences than ever.”
The research also revealed that the BBC is the #1 international online news brand viewed daily in Hong Kong. BBC News was also shown to be outperforming its closest competitors within the business and B2B sectors, with research demonstrating that:
- The BBC is the top international news brand among business opinion leaders in APAC.
- The BBC is the fastest-growing international news brand in APAC for high-income earners and C-suite executives.
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 101 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 100 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020