Firstlight Media beefs up sales and biz dev to support booming OTT market
With the number of streaming services continuing to grow to record levels, Firstlight Media announced the expanded support for the industry, adding three highly-regarded executives to its sales and business development team.
Bal O’Neil has joined the company as vice president of solutions engineering, Eric Goldstein will serve as head of business development, and John Ferrandino has been named head of sales. All three will be responsible for delivering partner and client solutions for video service providers.
OTT market activity has increased exponentially during the current year; Parks Associates notes that there are now 300 services, more than doubled the total of six years ago. In addition, services are seeking new solutions that can help them resolve issues or capitalize on new opportunities as a result of the steep increase in pandemic viewing.
“The increased competition for a growing pool of viewers has raised the stakes exponentially for every single OTT provider,” said Paul Pastor, chief business officer and co-founder of Firstlight Media. “Having Bal, Eric, and John on our team gives the industry access to a broad spectrum of expertise that can help them build business, audiences, and ROI.”
O’Neil helped drive customers’ successes during more than a dozen years with QuickPlay, the predecessor of Firstlight Media, and AT&T, for which she helped to define global solutions for Fox, Singapore’s Hooq, and Telus. She most recently served as vice president, solutions delivery for Evergent Canada.
Goldstein is an expert at identifying and growing business opportunities within organizations. During almost a dozen years with Disney/ABC, he spearheaded distribution, business development, and strategic partnerships for ABC Digital Media Group, Disney ESPN Media Networks, and Radio Disney Networks, for which he was vice president, distribution and digital products.
Ferrandino is a leader in building and leading world-class sales organizations. He was responsible for managing sales or market development activities with Limelight Networks, Conviva, and most recently Amagi, for which he served as senior vice president of sales, Americas.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020