DreamWorks announces channel premiere of ‘The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants’ on 7 December
DreamWorks – NBCUniversal International Networks’ 24-hour channel dedicated to kids and family entertainment – announced the channel premiere of The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants. The series is centered around George Beard and Harold Hutchins, two best friends who’ve bonded through their love of pranking, comic books, and being the thorns in Principal Krupp’s side. The series will premiere on the DreamWorks channel from Monday, 7 December 7 at 6:55 p.m. (PHT).
Based on the epic novels by Dav Pilkey, The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants follows best friends George and Harold across a series of action-packed episodes. The pair constantly get mixed up in fun-filled adventures crazier than their beloved comic books, which is when they have to call on their greatest creation: Captain Underpants!
The dynamic duo regularly gets caught up in all sorts of mischief from turning their French teacher into the toilet paper mummy and their science teacher into a giant avocado monster to transforming the school’s mysterious student into a giant clay monster and their new Spanish teacher into a superhero.
Executive produced by Peter Hastings (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness), the imaginative TV series will bring an endless supply of laugh-out-loud jokes, loveable characters, and explosive hijinks. The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants will join a line-up of fan favourite shows on DreamWorks, including The Boss Baby: Back in Business, Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny, and Trolls: The Beat Goes On! – in addition to new releases Denver the Last Dinosaur which premiered on 16 November at 3:30 p.m. (PHT) and Dennis & Gnasher: Unleashed! launching on the DreamWorks channel on Monday, 7th December at 5:15 p.m. (PHT).
The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants premieres on 7 December with episodes at 6:55 p.m. (PHT) weekdays on DreamWorks.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020