Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’
Animation, publishing, and licensing studio Ferly along with Star Stable Entertainment, global cross-channel entertainment company, and creator of the popular adventure game Star Stable Online, unveil their co-production and development partnership on animated short-form series Mistfall (10x5min).
Written by Emmy Award-winning writer and showrunner Alice Prodanou (Hotel Transylvania, Inspector Gadget, 6teen, and My Babysitter’s a Vampire), the series introduces a new heroine, Skye Rowan, to the Mistfall universe.
Debuting on YouTube in December 2020 the short-form series sees the Mistfall brand extend from its origins as a popular online game into a scripted online series. Featuring all-new storylines, Mistfall’s narrative and characters run parallel to those in the original game.
In addition to series production and development, Star Stable Entertainment has partnered with Ferly for all licensing and branding. This first Mistfall series will lead to further scripted content in the franchise, including a long-form series which is also currently in development. Whilst focusing on engaging Star Stable Online’s millions of loyal fans, the series gives a new way to interact with the brand whilst also attracting new audiences to the iconic world of Mistfall.
Laura Nevanlinna, CEO of Ferly says, “The deep lore and expansive universe of Mistfall means there is huge scope for making wonderful stories and entirely new worlds for players of the game to immerse themselves in, as well as new fans. Star Stable Entertainment has nurtured an incredibly engaged audience of young people, a notoriously difficult demographic to capture the attention of. The room for further brand extensions including a future long-form series to build an even wider audience and serve the loyal fan base with more of what they love makes this a brilliant enterprise to partner on.”
“Skye’s adventures in Mistfall fill a void in animated content that appeals to today’s multi-dimensional tween and teen girl,” said Taina Malén, Star Stable Entertainment’s Chief Business Development Officer. “Along with the animation and licensing expertise of the team at Ferly and the writing prowess of Prodanou – Mistfall will deliver a series that young people will want to watch again and again.”
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020