Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’
Animation, publishing, and licensing studio Ferly along with Star Stable Entertainment, global cross-channel entertainment company, and creator of the popular adventure game Star Stable Online, unveil their co-production and development partnership on animated short-form series Mistfall (10x5min).
Written by Emmy Award-winning writer and showrunner Alice Prodanou (Hotel Transylvania, Inspector Gadget, 6teen, and My Babysitter’s a Vampire), the series introduces a new heroine, Skye Rowan, to the Mistfall universe.
Debuting on YouTube in December 2020 the short-form series sees the Mistfall brand extend from its origins as a popular online game into a scripted online series. Featuring all-new storylines, Mistfall’s narrative and characters run parallel to those in the original game.
In addition to series production and development, Star Stable Entertainment has partnered with Ferly for all licensing and branding. This first Mistfall series will lead to further scripted content in the franchise, including a long-form series which is also currently in development. Whilst focusing on engaging Star Stable Online’s millions of loyal fans, the series gives a new way to interact with the brand whilst also attracting new audiences to the iconic world of Mistfall.
Laura Nevanlinna, CEO of Ferly says, “The deep lore and expansive universe of Mistfall means there is huge scope for making wonderful stories and entirely new worlds for players of the game to immerse themselves in, as well as new fans. Star Stable Entertainment has nurtured an incredibly engaged audience of young people, a notoriously difficult demographic to capture the attention of. The room for further brand extensions including a future long-form series to build an even wider audience and serve the loyal fan base with more of what they love makes this a brilliant enterprise to partner on.”
“Skye’s adventures in Mistfall fill a void in animated content that appeals to today’s multi-dimensional tween and teen girl,” said Taina Malén, Star Stable Entertainment’s Chief Business Development Officer. “Along with the animation and licensing expertise of the team at Ferly and the writing prowess of Prodanou – Mistfall will deliver a series that young people will want to watch again and again.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020