Studio 100 Media boards a spaceship with T&B Media Global and Flying Bark Production for the production of ‘FriendZSpace’
Studio 100 Group and T&B Media Global have announced today, a collaboration on a new CGI animated series FriendZSpace for adventure-loving kids aged 5-9. T&B Media Global and Flying Bark Productions will co-produce the comedy-adventure series which tracks three human kids who are dedicated to making friends with young alien beings who happen to be scattered all around the universe! Studio 100 Media has secured the worldwide distribution rights (excluding Thailand) for all audio-visual as well as the L&M exploitation rights and will be presenting the show as a highlight at this year’s MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES.
Created by Dan Clark (Team Smithereen, Disney and Yo Gabba Gabba, Nick Jr.) and Oscar Covar (Team Smithereen, Disney and Tasty Tales of The Food Truckers, T&B) – the first season (52 x 11’) is set for delivery in 2021.
Jwanwat “Dr. Tan” Ahriyavraromp, Founder and CEO at T&B Media Global says, “Every new friend is a new window into a world totally unknown to us. It is my hope that FriendZSpace will show our young viewers how to connect with the wonderful tapestry of humanity that we share this planet with.”
Dan Clark, Executive Producer and Co-creator of FriendZSpace, says, “FriendZSpace is about three human kids traveling from planet to planet for the sole purpose of befriending dozens of funny and cool alien kids. The production itself is based across Thailand, Australia, Germany, Mexico, and the US, mirroring the series itself. Many cultures, much creativity, all working remotely (COVID-style), sharing a positive vision and, most importantly, making new friends!”
Barbara Stephen, CEO at Flying Bark Productions says, “We are delighted to be setting off on this quirky space adventure with Dan, Oscar, and the team at T&B! Wonderfully rich with vibrant characters and plenty of silliness, the often absurd encounters in FriendZspace reveal much about the joy of discovering new friends in the most unlikely of places. We are proud to be co-producing this light-hearted comedy and an opportunity to escape in what is otherwise a challenging time for kids around the globe.”
Martin Krieger, CEO at Studio 100 Media / International comments, “Many shows circle around ‘having’ friends. With FriendZSpace the core of the show is how to find friends. It’s very easy to make friends with others who are just like you, but it’s so rewarding to make friends with completely unique people – even if they are aliens in all shapes and sizes. Making friends as the essence of the show means being open, showing kids that they should have fun exploring diverse perspectives on life, cultures, ideas, and people. This is what enthused us about
FriendZSpace, right from the very beginning. With such ingenious creators like Dan Clark and Oscar Covar, together with T&B Media Global and Flying Bark Productions, we are excited about FriendZSpace – a brand-new show that is literally reaching for the stars.” FriendZSpace is about three best friends, Alice, Leo, and Kim who may seem like regular human kids, but behind their normal facade, they are risk-taking deep space friend makers! Each episode follows the three kids as they jet into space in their unpredictable star cruiser, “The Dart”. Accompanied by BotDog (half puppy and half high-tech Swiss army knife) their mission is simple and wonderfully weird: locate planets, find alien kids, introduce themselves, and make friends. But making friends with alien kids is tricky! Some kids live in the bushy eyebrows of a dangerously moody slobbering beast, while the kids from another planet are so colossal, the Earth kids need to climb them like skyscrapers just to say, “Hi!”. Every alien kid we meet is friendable. But befriending alien kids is never easy. Different customs, funny alien biological quirks, and pressing narrative events create comic complications that must be overcome! FriendZSpace is all about kids and kid culture — alien and human— it’s about embracing our differences and getting into exciting trouble in the process!
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 481 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 87 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 79 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021