Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ to premiere internationally on Netflix on 8 September 2020
Spackman Entertainment Group Limited Spackman Entertainment Group Limited (“Spackman Entertainment Group” or the “Company” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”), one of Korea’s leading entertainment production groups, wishes to announce that #ALIVE, produced by the company’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Zip Cinema Co., Ltd., is expected to premiere internationally on Netflix on 8 September 2020, following its theatrical run in Korea.
As of 4 August 2020, #ALIVE achieved the top ranking in Video On Demand sales since the first day of its post-theatrical release on 28 July 2020 in Korea, taking the #1 position at top IPTV channels in Korea including KT’s Olleh TV and Digital Cable TV Home Choice.
As one of the first successful theatrical movie releases in the world amidst the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Group’s film #ALIVE surpassed the 1 million ticket sales within five days of its wide release on 24 June 2020. It was also recorded as the first film to break the one million ticket sales mark since February 2020 at the Korean box office.
Starring top leading actor Yoo Ah-in of UAA&CO Inc., a subsidiary of the Group’s associated company Spackman Media Group Limited, and superstar actress Park Shin-hye, #ALIVE is based on an original scenario by Hollywood writer Matt Taylor, who produced the American documentary series, SMALL BUSINESS REVOLUTION: MAIN STREET.
The film relates the story of isolated survivors of a city under lockdown that gets out of control as a consequence of a sudden spread of an unknown infection. UAA’s Yoo Ah-in of DEFAULT (2018), BURNING (2018) & VETERAN (2015) shall play the role of Joon Woon, a gamer who survived by himself and becomes disconnected from the rest of the world. Park Shin-hye of MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA (2018), THE DOCTORS (2016) & THE HEIRS (2013) takes on the role of Yoo Bin, another survivor who relies on her own survival skills throughout the extremely challenging situation in the city.
The film is distributed by Lotte Entertainment and directed by Jo II Hyung.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 132 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020