GRB Studios takes premium factual entertainment to audiences around the globe
Hud Woodle, Executive Vice President, International Sales & Operations of GRB Studios, announced multiple deals for its top-performing factual entertainment programs, with a large volume deal for LatAm with Pluto TV. Deals were also recently completed in Germany, with ProSieben and Discovery; as well as with broadcaster OSN in the Middle East; AETNU.K. took new titles, and a deal was finalized with MNET in Africa. Two territories bought the GRB-produced, real-life medical drama series Untold Stories of the E.R., marking 127 countries that the hit program has been broadcast.
Pluto LatAmacquired a variety of Spanish-language shows. Nature programs include; Full Force Nature; Anatomy of Disaster, Animals Are People Too, Extreme Contact, and Storm Warning. Action programs include Fugitivos de la Ley; High Seas Rescue and Now See This; real medical drama series Untold Stories of the E.R., as well as Impact Tv a half-hour variety program, featuring peculiar stories from around the world.
As mentioned, Germany saw two deals for GRB: ProSieben renewed three seasons of true romantic crime series, Wicked Attraction, and licensed S6 for the first time while Discovery Germany acquired Untold Stories of the E.R, marking the first time the program airs in the country.
AETN acquired S9 of true crime investigative series, On the Case for the U.K. while Middle East channel OSN acquired 6 hours of Top Travel, showcasing luxurious international travel. MNET took three docu-series for Africa: For Peete’s Sake; Mind Your Business and The Book of John Grey.
Woodle stated: “GRB Studios has been answering the global call for premium factual content during these trying times of Covid-19. We are thrilled to partner with Pluto LatAm, offering over 225 hours of Spanish-language programming in a variety of genres. And our own GRB-produced series, Untold Stories of the E.R. just premiered in its 127th country. From GRB’s catalog of over 4,000 hours of audience-favorite programming, we offer something intriguing and entertaining for everyone, everywhere.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020