A+E Networks International pacts with TVNZ to launch the first Lifetime-branded AVOD channel in New Zealand
A+E Networks® International has signed a deal with New Zealand’s TVNZ for the launch of the first Lifetime®-branded AVOD channel in the territory, it was announced jointly by Glen Hansen, Senior Vice President of Content Sales, Asia-Pacific and Cate Slater, TVNZ Director of Content.
Kicking off in August with 40 Lifetime movie titles, TVNZ will add four new titles each month from Lifetime’s extensive library of globally relevant, high-quality TV movies during the first year of the agreement.
“TVNZ OnDemand is a hugely popular platform in New Zealand, experiencing tremendous growth in both reach and popularity. We are thrilled to partner with them in launching a dedicated Lifetime digital channel featuring original, premium, high-quality and award-winning movies, which New Zealand audiences will love,” said Hansen.
Cate Slater, TVNZ Director of Content adds, “We’re excited to have Lifetime join TVNZ OnDemand’s digital channel offering. Lifetime is big on entertainment and big on drama. It’s engaging, crowd-pleasing content and we know our viewers are going to love every moment of it.”
Among the top-performing TV movies immediately available at launch is a number Lifetime Original Movies including College Admissions Scandal, the adaptation of V.C. Andrews’ four-film Flowers in the Attic franchise, the Jane Green series based on her internationally best-selling novels, Lifetime’s Wrong franchise of movies, and the popular Harry and Meghan: Becoming Royal.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020