A+E Networks International pacts with TVNZ to launch the first Lifetime-branded AVOD channel in New Zealand
A+E Networks® International has signed a deal with New Zealand’s TVNZ for the launch of the first Lifetime®-branded AVOD channel in the territory, it was announced jointly by Glen Hansen, Senior Vice President of Content Sales, Asia-Pacific and Cate Slater, TVNZ Director of Content.
Kicking off in August with 40 Lifetime movie titles, TVNZ will add four new titles each month from Lifetime’s extensive library of globally relevant, high-quality TV movies during the first year of the agreement.
“TVNZ OnDemand is a hugely popular platform in New Zealand, experiencing tremendous growth in both reach and popularity. We are thrilled to partner with them in launching a dedicated Lifetime digital channel featuring original, premium, high-quality and award-winning movies, which New Zealand audiences will love,” said Hansen.
Cate Slater, TVNZ Director of Content adds, “We’re excited to have Lifetime join TVNZ OnDemand’s digital channel offering. Lifetime is big on entertainment and big on drama. It’s engaging, crowd-pleasing content and we know our viewers are going to love every moment of it.”
Among the top-performing TV movies immediately available at launch is a number Lifetime Original Movies including College Admissions Scandal, the adaptation of V.C. Andrews’ four-film Flowers in the Attic franchise, the Jane Green series based on her internationally best-selling novels, Lifetime’s Wrong franchise of movies, and the popular Harry and Meghan: Becoming Royal.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020